What is digital paper?
Thinking of converting to digital paper? Good choice, in fact, it’s probably the best choice a crafter can make when it comes to seeking out new ways to hoard the essentials for your hobby or craft business. With most things evolving into the ever-growing digital age, now couldn’t be a better time to convert or extend your craft paper collection. Not only is digital paper cost-friendly and environmentally better, but you can also avoid weaving to and from the craft aisles by shopping for your craft paper needs at the comfort of your own home.
If you are new to digital paper, a beginner in papercrafts then this article will cover all you need to know before making that decision to buy or permanently switch over. Here at Kept-Creations we always want our customers and fellow crafters to be well informed before making those important crafty decisions.
Digital paper generally comes in a jpeg or png format. Downloaded from a file and sold in a pack that typically matches or compliments each other in color or design. Standard sizing that is offered is 8.5×11” or 12.×12” and can be printed at home. Another option for printing if you are looking to save on ink at home, is you can find local printers to bulk print your digital paper too. These sizes tend to match paper pads that are offered in-store, making it the typical standard for crafting. Bundles can differ in how many of each design you will get.
Patterns can vary, from extreme shapes to minimalistic styles and simple color tones. What’s particularly great about digital papers, is that the possibilities of design choice are endless and that leaves lots of room for people to find something they like or suit their specific needs.
Here are some advantages of digital craft paper and why you might need it:
For the Scrapbookers, card makers, art journals, bullet journals, and other paper crafters. You always need craft paper for decorative purposes or as the main source of your wonderful creations. Here is just a little list we have compiled as to why you might need digital paper and how much of an advantage it is when it comes to crafting.
- Room for mistakes! You don’t need to worry about ruining your expensive craft paper pad. No more frustration if you have made an error on that craft paper you have saved for a special occasion. If you make a mistake with digital paper, simply print out another.
- Environmentally friendly. Waste is far less; you print what you need and anything you haven’t used can be used for embellishments or scrapbooking. It’s easier to recycle if you do have waste, particularly as store bought printing paper is widely recyclable.
- Cost friendly. High lighting the, you can print what you need. Crafting can be costly, and supplies can soon add up. You don’t need to re-purchase your digital paper because the file is yours to keep, giving you unlimited access to a ton of paper designs.
- Space saving. If you are constantly having to find storage space and cram in your craft paper in new places, they can begin to stack up. Digital paper is a better way to save that space. Especially if you don’t have much room at all. Keep a folder on your computer to store all your digital paper packs, making it extremely convenient when it comes to savoring your craft space for other supplies.
- Time saving. It’s with you instantly after buying, and available in seconds to print. If you are working on something that is time sensitive – whether it’s a card or gift for a special occasion – you won’t need to worry about heading to a craft store to buy more craft paper. Digital paper is there, so you can carry on crafting without being disrupted.
How to use digital paper
Digital paper is no different than, well just your typical craft paper! Its job stays the same, except it gives you the flexibility to print on demand rather than using up a bought paper pad and potentially shopping again if you need more.
If you are a card maker, digital papers make the perfect background on your cards as well as creating embellishments. You can even print off pretty designs and use them as gift wrap. It can be daunting when we hear something labeled ‘digital’ but rest assured, the only thing you need to do is just print it off, there’s not a single difference in use.
- If you have a cutting machine, die cut, or paper craft cutters for creating shapes and patterns, you can use of all of these things with digital paper.
With endless designs to choose from, scrapbookers love using digital paper too. Using digital paper doesn’t just stop at traditional papercrafts. You can also get as creative as you want, and if you like to make things such as bunting or decorations, digital paper can be used for all those types of papercrafts.
Something to remember: The finish of your paper will depend on the type of paper source and your printer settings. Keep this in mind when saving ink or keeping waste low. If you have a special occasion, you have the flexibility to pick a fancy paper or even a card, and if you are scrapbooking or crafting things like bunting, the standard paper will work just fine. Another positive when it comes to digital paper, you can fully tailor the print and quality to your crafting needs.
Psssst… One more thing! If you are into scrapbooking digitally, journaling, or designing cards and other bits on your computer. Digital paper can 100% be used for all those things. Crop, cut, make smaller or bigger, and upload the file (jpeg or png) to the software you use and you are good to go. To shop our digital papers, browse our many digital paper packs we have in our store